Translate

Wednesday 18 July 2007

The Lun Bawang Did It Again!!!

Here's the pic of my latest article on the 2006 state election in Sarawak. If you wish to read the article, please let me know and I would give you a copy (but only on a first-come-first-serve basis as I am running out of copy). I would continue providing more analyses on the voting pattern of the indigenous communities in Sarawak as their voting behaviour is not so much influenced by ethnic and economic factors as one can see in other constituencies.
I also provide here the excerpt of the article:

"The BN's overall results seem to be reflected in the Ba'Kelalan constituency, which shows the Lun Bawang voting for the opposition candidate. Even though the popular votes between the opposition and the BN candidates were split between 49% and 51%, it is argued that the Lun Bawang
are divided on development, NCR land and religious outlook"